This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Letter; Tobias, Michael I.; London, United Kingdom; Liverpool, United Kingdom; New York, New York, United States; 1823 March 17
- Letter; Tobias, Michael I.; London, United Kingdom; Liverpool, United Kingdom; New York, New York, United States; 1823 March 17
- Letter from N. Mears to Michael Tobias, Watch Maker, regarding a draft from Tobias I. Tobias he had received while still in England. When Mears tried to collect he found the client was bankrupt. Mears had an associate visit Tobias I. Tobias in NYC to get paid for the bad draft he had tendered, but was denied and told the affair had been settled by Michael Tobias; Peckham Surrey, London, UK; Liverpool, UK
- Correspondence; Jewish merchants; Manuscripts (documents); Debt
- Personal Name:
- Tobias, Michael I.; Tobias, Tobias I.
- Geographic Subject:
- United Kingdom -- London; United Kingdom -- Liverpool; United Kingdom; United States -- New York -- New York; United States -- New York
- Call Number:
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)