BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Tractatus de formulis; [manuscript].; Operations de chymie
- Tractatus de formulis [manuscript]. Operations de chymie
- First treatise in Latin consists of formulas for medical remedies including alteratives, purgatives, sudorifics, vermifuges, diuretics, emmenagogues, refrigerants, febrifuges, stomachics, emetics, emollients, astringents, etc. with an index to the formulas. Second treatise in French consists of alchemical operations and formulations, some of which also have medical applications.
- 130 leaves : paper; 202 x 132 mm. bound to 210 x 140 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155964440; (OCoLC)155964440; (CStRLIN)PAUR95-A479; (PU)1580977-penndb-Voyager
- French and Latin.
- Acquired, 1968.
- [France?, circa 1766]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Chemistry -- History.; Codices.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, Latin; 18th century.; Manuscripts, French; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 518
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts