This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Aduḥkhanavamīvratakathā,; circa 1700-1850.
- Aduḥkhanavamīvratakathā, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript for public or private use for consultation, recitation, and celebration of the ninth day in the first fortnight of the month of Bhādrapada (August/September) and related mythology. Especially auspicious for women who worship (pūjā) and perform observances (vratas) to the great Goddess (devī) in the form of Gaurī (another name for Pārvatī) in order to eschew evil in the following year. Final two folios appear to be a scribal addition, in two separate hands, of former owners of the manuscripts.
- 1 item (4 leaves) : paper; 11 x 21 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn812170060; (OCoLC)812170060; (PU)5837501-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Māhādevabhaṭṭa and Gaṇeśabhaṭṭa (f. 4v).
- Parvati (Hindu deity); Hindu goddesses.; Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Vratas.; Puja (Hinduism); Hindu mythology.; Manuals (instructional materials).; Prayers.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Māhādevabhaṭṭa,; Gaṇeśabhaṭṭa,; Māhādevabhaṭṭa,; Gaṇeśabhaṭṭa,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.