BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Rosa Jacobson autograph book,; 1881-1907.
- Rosa Jacobson autograph book, 1881-1907.
- A red, leather, oblong volume with decorative, stamped covers entitled Autographs. The volume contains autographs of friends and relatives spanning the years from 1881 to 1907. A majority of the signatures range in date from 1881 to 1883. Poetic sentiments, well wishes, and some drawings addressed to Rosa precede each signature. Autographs from the year 1883 were chiefly from her confirmation classmates. One autograph signed by a cousin Constance Jacobson is dated 1907. Some autographs are written in German. A color-printed, decorative title page reads: Paragon autograph album. Spine is lacking, front cover is detached, and some leaves are loose.
- 1 volume.
- Chiefly in English with some autographs written in German.
- Purchased for the Penn Libraries 2016 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
- Jews -- History -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 19th century -- Sources.; Jewish families -- History -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 19th century -- Sources.; Autograph albums -- 19th century -- Specimens.; Codices (bound manuscripts); Autograph albums.; Autograph verse.; Manuscripts, American; 19th century.
- Printed Work
- Personal Name:
- Kaplan, Arnold,; Kaplan, Deanne,
- Call Number:
- MS 56, Codex 016.1
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)