BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Occult and alchemical compendium]; [manuscript].
- [Occult and alchemical compendium] [manuscript].
- Collection of instructions for alchemical processes and experiments.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 184 leaves : paper; 197 x 138 mm. bound to 208 x 150 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn918987946; (OCoLC)918987946; (PU)6293585-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 618A, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [Italy, 1750-1799]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Drawings.; Manuals (instructional materials); Manuscripts, Italian; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1701
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts