BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Medical notes]; [manuscript].
- [Medical notes] [manuscript].
- A collection of documents from John Archer's medical studies, primarily consisting of case records but also including subject treatises or lecture notes, a report of a post-mortem following the death of a patient from a polyp in his heart, and the text of an address by Archer to a student medical society. Most of the documents are from Archer's studies with John Morgan, but the post-mortem report concerns a patient of Thomas Bond's at Pennsylvania Hospital and the address to the student medical society, which is also marked Pennsylvania Hospital (f. 211r), may also be associated with Thomas Bond.
- 219 leaves : paper; 185 x 148 mm. bound to 191 x 160 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn226964646; (OCoLC)226964646; (PU)4302224-penndb-Voyager
- English, with quotations and words in Latin and Greek.
- Formerly owned by John George Archer (Point Coupee Parish, La.; John Archer's grandson) and John Fleming Chamberlain (Natchez, Miss.; John George Archer's nephew); sold by Chamberlain's widow to the American Library Service (New York); acquired by Benjamin Hart (Bridgeport, Conn.) for his medical history collection.; Sold by the Argosy Book Store, probably in 1955, to the Class of 1916, who presented the manuscript to the University of Pennsylvania Library, 1956 (inscription on first flyleaf).
- [Philadelphia], 1766-1767.
- Medicine -- Study and teaching -- 18th century.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Lecture notes.; Prescriptions.; Manuscripts, American; 18th century.
- Personal Name:
- Bond, Thomas,; Morgan, John,; Archer, John George,; Chamberlain, John Fleming,; Hart, Benjamin,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1165
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts