This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Raghuvaṃśa.; Sarga 13-19,; circa 1700-1850.
- Raghuvaṃśa. Sarga 13-19, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important as a mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Manuscript contains the last seven chapters of the work after the defeat of the demon Rāvaṇa; addresses the installation of Rāma as king of Ayodhya, the trial of Sītā, here subsequent banishment, and ends with a genealogy of kings. Manuscript is incomplete; one folio (f. 63) was added and is in a second scribal hand.
- 1 item (27 leaves) : paper; 11 x 27 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn921937422; (OCoLC)921937422; (PU)6716892-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu mythology.; Rāma (Hindu deity); Poems.; Watermarks.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts