BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Raghuvaṃśa. Sarga 4-5, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Raghuvaṃśa. Sarga 4-5, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is employed for contemplation and recitation and is a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important as a mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Chapters deals with the travels of Raghu, a confrontation with the god of wealth, Kubera, as well as a wedding ceremony where the woman choses a husband (svayaṃvara).
- 1 item (9 leaves) : paper; 11 x 24 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Vālmīki.; Rāmāyaṇa.; Hindu mythology.; Hindu marriage customs and rites.; Kubera (Hindu deity)
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts