BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Former binding for Phillipps MS 24,523
- Former binding for Phillipps MS 24,523
- Middle Hill green boards (i.e. those used by Sir Thomas Phillipps) with title in pencil reading "Sir Robert Southwell Ireland" and the number "410". The Phillipps number 24,523 also appears in pencil. These likely formerly enclosed folders 1-14 of the present collection.
- Part of the Southwell family papers owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps. These had originally been purchased in bulk by the bookseller Thomas Thorpe and sold in a series of sales in the 1830s. This item formerly owned by Archibald Cameron Elias Jr. (1944-2008). Elias purchased it as part of a collection of Phillipps/Southwell material at Sotheby’s (London) in their 4 April 1977 sale, as lot 140. Gift of the Elias estate to the Penn Libraries.
- Personal Name:
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872; Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872
- See full finding aid at http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/ead/upenn_rbml_PUSpMsColl1085
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 1084, folder 1
- Southwell family papers on Ireland