BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Tulasīkavaca, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Tulasīkavaca, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript for private prayer, recitation, and meditation focused on honoring the Tulsi (tulasī) plant sacred especially to followers of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu and known for its medicinal properties (ocimum sanctum). The text comprises mantras that are to be symbolically placed on different parts of the devotee's body as armor, offering protection from various problems and giving benefit, functioning as a kind of amulet. Manuscript ends with the beginning of the second verse of praise from the Tulasīstotra and is incomplete.
- 1 item (3 leaves) : paper; 11 x 21 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Ocimum sanctum.; Plants; Amulets (Hinduism); Vaishnavism.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts