BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Śiśupālavadha.; Sarga 7,; circa 1700-1850.
- Śiśupālavadha. Sarga 7, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript of text titled Death of Śiśupāla, used for recitation, contemplation, and study; draws from epic mythology, especially the Mahābhārata, about King Śiśupāla who opposes the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa. In response, Kṛṣṇa cuts off his head with his discus (cakra). Manuscript contains parts of possibly the seventh section (sarga). Mallinātha's commentary runs parallel, above and below the root text.
- 1 item (32 leaves) : paper; 13 x 28 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn927151105; (OCoLC)927151105; (PU)6756632-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Krishna (Hindu deity); Hindu mythology.; Death -- Poetry.; Poems.; Commentaries.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.