This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Miscellaneous manuscripts,; 1400s.
- Miscellaneous manuscripts, 1400s.
- Leaf from a 15th-century copy of Paulus Aegineta's Epitomae medicae libri septem, with text from Book 1, Chapters 19-22. Paulus composed his compilation in the seventh century and drew Chapters 20-21 from the Synopsis ad Eustathium (Book 5, Chapters 15-16), written by Oribasius in the fourth century. The material before Chapter 20 and after Chapter 21 on this leaf matches Paulus more closely than Oribasius. The leaf is numbered 8 in ink, upper right recto.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : paper; 330 x 230 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn438246944; (OCoLC)438246944; (PU)4593809-penndb-Voyager
- In Greek.
- Epitomae medicae libri septem.; Synopsis ad Eustathium.; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/4593809
- Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Greek and Roman -- Early works to 1800.; Fragments.; Manuscripts, Greek (Medieval and modern); 15th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Misc Mss Box 14 Folder 22