BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Nafissa [manuscript].
- Apparently unpublished libretto to an Italian pastoral oratorio to be sung by a cast of three singers: the shepherdess Nafissa, her lover Tifo, and Apollo. The author of this "poetical effort" (lo sforzo poetico, f. 2r) was an Abbate G. P. who had chosen the typically frightening name "the Poisoned" (Invelenato) as a member of the "Academy of the Bedeviled" (indiavolati).
- 10 leaves : paper; 200 x 133 (179 x 81) mm. bound to 202 x 139 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155964444; (OCoLC)155964444; (CStRLIN)PAUR95-A482; (PU)1580981-penndb-Voyager
- Sold in the collection of Giuseppe Martini to H. P. Kraus, ca. 1948.; Sold by H. P. Kraus (New York), 1960.
- [Italy, 16--]
- Italian literature -- 17th century.; Italian poetry -- 17th century.; Codices.; Librettos (document genre for music); Manuscripts, Italian; 17th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Martini, Giuseppe,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 345
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts