This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large),; between 1125 and 1150.
- Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large), between 1125 and 1150.
- Leaf of a large manuscript, either a homiliary or an office lectionary with readings from patristic commentary on scripture for the third nocturn of Matins. The text on this leaf comprises verses from the Gospel of John followed by extended quotations from Augustine's sermons or tractates on John, with liturgical rubrics. The recto begins with the end of a reading from Tractate 33, followed by a rubric for Feria VI, John 11:47, and passages from Tractates 49 and 50; Tractate 50 continues on the verso, followed by a rubric for the Sabbath, John 6:54, and a reading from Tractate 26. Written in Italy in the second quarter of the 12th century, in 2 columns of more than 56 lines (top of leaf is trimmed, with loss of text). Rubrication and 2 3-line initials, one at the beginning of each reading, in red ink. Trimmed corners and folds due to use in a binding, with a label attached to the verso with the title Vita dei Papi Quinti in a late 17th-century or 18th-century hand.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : parchment; 418 x 274 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn820871284; (OCoLC)820871284; (PU)5869269-penndb-Voyager
- In Latin.
- Fragments.; Commentaries.; Homiliaries.; Lectionaries.; Sermons.; Manuscripts, Latin; 12th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Call Number:
- Misc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 2
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts