BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Medical miscellany]; [manuscript].
- [Medical miscellany] [manuscript].
- Medical compilation with a particular focus on the plague, but also including information on diseases of different parts of the body, urine, medicines, laxatives, water and wine, and the making of pigments for painting and inks for writing (f. 209r-215r).
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 326 leaves : paper; 148 x 96 (119-124 x 75-80) mm. bound to 155 x 116 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn818797047; (OCoLC)818797047; (PU)5858951-penndb-Voyager
- Middle High German, with some Latin.
- Formerly owned by Ulricus Fugger, shelfmark XVIII K 9 (upper left, upper cover).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 23 June 1992, lot 67.; Sold by Les Enluminures (Paris and Chicago), Apr. 1993.; Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 26.; Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- [Germany, between 1450 and 1499]
- Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Medieval.; Pigments -- Early works to 1800.; Plague -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Anthologies.; Manuscripts, German; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Fugger, Ulricus,; Stanitz, John D.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 195
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts