BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Vaidyajīvana,; circa 1700-1850.
- Vaidyajīvana, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for consultation and reference and is a treatise and guidebook for the application of Ayurvedic (Hindu medicine) treatments of various illnesses such as fever and diarrhea, along with prescriptions for various drugs and medical elixirs. A commentary by Rudrabhaṭṭa runs parallel, above and below the main text. The father of Rudrabhaṭṭa is Koṇeribhaṭṭa (f. 30v). The manuscript contains the first five chapters of the text and its commentary.
- 1 item (30 leaves) : paper; 11 x 24 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn881327677; (OCoLC)881327677; (PU)6222504-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Medicine, Ayurvedic -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions.; Fever -- India.; Diarrhea -- India.; Treatises.; Commentaries.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts