BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Tractatus de jure iustitia, ac de legibus; [manuscript] /; traditus a reverendo Patre Dupin Soc[ietatis] Jesu, anno d[omi]ni millessimo sexcentessimo nonagessimo sexto. et scriptus ann[o] domini 1699. Ad usum Petri Lajaunye.
- Tractatus de jure iustitia, ac de legibus [manuscript] / traditus a reverendo Patre Dupin Soc[ietatis] Jesu, anno d[omi]ni millessimo sexcentessimo nonagessimo sexto. et scriptus ann[o] domini 1699. Ad usum Petri Lajaunye.
- A discourse on the codes of justice, focusing on laws of virtues and morals. Consists of 17 disputations split into numbered and titled sections, with an index at the end. Topics covered in these disputations include deeds, canon law, games and wagers, insurance, gifts, wills, sales, homicide, usury, lawsuits, and the nature of justice. Appears to be more of a philosophical work on the nature of justice and laws, rather than a list of the laws themselves. Consists of numbered disputations, which contain numbered sections within breaking down the argument and solution. Has a table of contents at the end.
- 150 leaves : paper; 160 x 110 (120 x 90) mm. bound to 170 x 120 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn232956576; (OCoLC)232956576; (PU)4324591-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Henry Charles Lea (bookplate inside lower cover and inscription dated 1861).; Formerly owned by John Trotter Brockett (bookplate inside upper cover).; Formerly owned by Jacobi Doazan (inscription, p. ii).
- [France], 1695-1699.
- Law -- France -- Early works to 1800.; Canon law -- Philosophy -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Latin; 17th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Lea, Henry Charles,; Brockett, John Trotter,; Moncornet, Balthasar,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1218
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts