BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Maqālah fī al-ʻamal bi-al-yad]; [manuscript].
- [Maqālah fī al-ʻamal bi-al-yad] [manuscript].
- Treatise on surgery. Parts of the second chapter and all of the third chapter of the 3-chapter treatise, which is the last of the 30 treatises in the Taṣrīf li-man ʻajiza ʻan al-taʼlīf, a larger work by al-Zahrawi. Topics in the manuscript include incision, perforation, blood-letting, wounds, bone-setting, dislocations, and sprains. Contemporary corrections in margins; additional notes in a Maghrebi hand also in margins.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 108 leaves : paper, ill.; 177 x 125 (135 x 90) mm. bound to 177 x 140 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn785430347; (OCoLC)785430347; (PU)4828896-penndb-Voyager
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 2 Apr. 2002, lot 23, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.; Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- [Iraq?], A.H. 869 (1464)
- Surgery -- Early works to 1800.; Surgical instruments and apparatus -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Arab.; Codices.; Treatises.; Drawings (visual works); Annotations.; Manuscripts, Arabic; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 435
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts