BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Taittirīyakavārttika,; circa 1700-1850.
- Taittirīyakavārttika, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for study and consultation and is a medieval Hindu philosophical critical glossary on Śaṅkarācārya's treatise and commentary on the Taittirīyopaniṣad, exploring themes of the universal Self and its relationship to the underlying principles of existence such as the abstract concept of the brahman as well as discussion of social structure. Text is derived from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy.
- 1 item (25 leaves) : paper; 11 x 30 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn897468146; (OCoLC)897468146; (PU)6314222-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Janārdana Koṇḍadeva of the village of Gāḍagī in present day Jarakhand, India (f. 25r); owner's note written in second scribal hand.
- Sanskrit language -- Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.; Self (Philosophy); Brahman.; Advaita.; Vedanta.; Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Śaṅkarācārya.; Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts