BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Kumārasambhava.; Sarga 1-17,; 1789.
- Kumārasambhava. Sarga 1-17, 1789.
- Manuscript is most of Kālidāsa's poem about the birth of the Hindu deity Skanda, also known as Kārttikeya; the first part deals with the birth and life of the mother of Skanda, the Hindu goddess Umā, also known as Pārvatī, and her attempts to win Lord Śiva as her husband. The manuscript ends with chapter (sarga) 17, the killing of the demon (asura) Tāraka. Manuscript is missing the final chapter of the work.
- 1 item (49 leaves) : paper; 10 x 23 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn913794880; (OCoLC)913794880; (PU)6445947-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu mythology -- Early works to 1800.; Kārttikeya (Hindu deity) -- Early works to 1800.; Parvati (Hindu deity) -- Early works to 1800.; Poems.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts