BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Śravaṇadvādaśīpūjā, 1787.
- Text used for observations (vrata), rites, and worship (pūjā) related to the month of Bhadra (August-September) and the Śravaṇa star over which Viṣṇu presides. Other rites include fasting and bathing as well as the worship of Viṣṇu's avatāras (such as Kūrma, Vāmana, Buddha, Kṛṣṇa, and Rāma). Emphasizes the importance of sacred landscape (tīrthas) of India and bathing at them, smearing one's self with ash, the removal of sin, and fasting.
- 1 item (7 leaves) : paper; 11 x 21 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn800385015; (OCoLC)800385015; (PU)5794397-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Vāmana (Hindu deity) -- Early works to 1800.; Vratas -- Early works to 1800.; Devotional literature, Sanskrit -- Early works to 1800.; Puja (Hinduism) -- Early works to 1800.; Fasting -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism -- Early works to 1800.; Bathing customs -- India -- Early works to 1800.; Sin -- Hinduism -- Early works to 1800.; Avatars (Religion) -- Early works to 1800.; Rites and ceremonies -- India -- Early works to 1800.; Prayers.; Hymns.; Manuals (instructional materials); Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts