BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Collegium chymica; [manuscript].
- Collegium chymica [manuscript].
- Chemical manuscript with instructions for preparing several hundred substances, both pharmaceutical and alchemical. Entries for a few preparations include references to earlier authorities such as Paracelsus, Ruland, and Glauber. The entries in an alphabetical index in two columns at the end of the volume appear to be in Towneley's hand and to cover the whole volume, but page numbers were added later, both to the manuscript and to the index, only through 194.
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Fund.
- 128 leaves : paper; 210 x 158 (136-155 x 105-110) mm bound to 224 x 175 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn877013659; (PUVoyagerBIBID)5980709; (OCoLC)877013659; (PU)5980709-penndb-Voyager
- Offered for sale at auction by Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge among the manuscripts of Towneley Hall, 27-28 June 1883, lot 139 (label on spine).; Sold by Samuel Gedge Rare Books, catalogue 15 (2013), item 122.
- [Leiden], 1681.
- Chemistry -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Magic, mystic, and spagiric -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Lecture notes.; Prescriptions.; Manuscripts, Latin; 17th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1644
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts