BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
An enquiry into the origin of the game of tharot; [manuscript].
- An enquiry into the origin of the game of tharot [manuscript].
- English translation by Charles Rainsford of French text on the history and use of tarot cards for divination by Antoine Court de Gébelin.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 4 v. (188, 180, 130, 196) leaves: paper; mm. bound to mm. + 2 notes.
- (OCoLC)ocn917533076; (OCoLC)917533076; (PU)6293603-penndb-Voyager
- English, with occasional words in Hebrew and Greek.
- [England, circa 1794]
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/6293603; https://repository.upenn.edu/uniqueatpenn/23/
- Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Tarot (Game) -- Early works to 1800.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1692