BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Sefer ha-Ḳanon] ... [etc.]; [manuscript].
- [Sefer ha-Ḳanon] ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- Hebrew translation of Avicenna's medical encyclopedia; its division into 4 books is customary for Hebrew translations, but it also has unusual additional sections on drugs, the liver and intestines, and heart diseases. Short medical works in Judeo-Arabic precede Avicenna's work, and a Judeo-Arabic commentary on Galen follows it; these were written by Saʻīd Danūkh, who also wrote marginal notes alongside the Avicenna.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 147 leaves : paper; 210 x 153 (142 x 100) mm. bound to 220 x 160 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn820266403; (OCoLC)820266403; (PU)5865187-penndb-Voyager
- Predominant work in Hebrew (p. 19-234), with shorter works in Judeo-Arabic.
- Formerly owned by Saʻīd Danookh (signed glosses, p. 15-16).; Formerly owned by David Solomon Sassoon (Ms. 428, labels on spine and inside upper cover).; Sold as part of the Sassoon collection at auction at Sotheby's, 21 Jun. 1994, lot 54.; Appeared in Sam Fogg's cat. 16 (1995), no. 83; sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, Apr. 1999.; Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2015.
- [Yemen, ca. 1400-1525]
- Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Arab.; Medicine, Medieval.; Codices.; Annotations.; Commentaries.; Encyclopedias.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Hebrew; 15th century.; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Galen.; Danūkh, Saʻīd,; Sassoon, David Solomon,
- Call Number:
- LJS 299
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts