BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Praśnopaniṣadbhāṣyavivaraṇa,; circa 1700-1850.
- Praśnopaniṣadbhāṣyavivaraṇa, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and super-commentary (vivaraṇa) on a commentary (bhāṣya) by the Advaita Vedānta philosopher Śaṅkarācārya. These commentarial works expound on the Praśnopaniṣad, a late Vedic work that addresses early concepts of the Self (ātman) and poses a series of questions (praśna) and answers between students and their teacher.
- 1 item (32 leaves) : paper; 13 x 30 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn883242568; (OCoLC)883242568; (PU)6234381-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Janārdana Koṇḍadeva of the village of Gāḍagī in present day Jarakhand, India (f. 32r).
- Hinduism -- Examinations, questions, etc.; Self (Philosophy); Ātman.; Advaita.; Vedanta.; Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Dialogues.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Śaṅkarācārya.; Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts