BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
An essay upon the history of Sabeism; [manuscript].
- An essay upon the history of Sabeism [manuscript].
- Essay that focuses on the history and religion of the Sabaeans and the Druzes, with discussion of many other world religions and cultures such as those in India, Scandinavia, and Egypt.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 188 leaves : paper; 198 x 160 (170 x 115) mm. bound to 205 x 172 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn918941813; (OCoLC)918941813; (PU)6293607-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 615, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [England], 1796.
- Druzes.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Sabaeans.; Codices.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1697
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts