BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Bhāgavatamahāpurāṇa saptamaskandha,; circa 1700-1850.
- Bhāgavatamahāpurāṇa saptamaskandha, circa 1700-1850.
- Seventh section of this purāṇic text, relating the story of the mythic figure Prahlāda, a devotee of Viṣṇu, and son of the demon Hiraṇyakaśipu. Here Viṣṇu appears in his Man-lion (Narasiṃha) form. Presented as a discourse between Yudhiṣṭhira and Nārada. A commentary by Śrīdharasvāmin runs parallel above and below the root text.
- 1 item (73 leaves) : paper; 16 x 32 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn965388353; (OCoLC)965388353; (PU)7250499-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu mythology.; Prahlāda (Hindu mythology); Narasiṃha (Hindu deity); Hiraṇyakaśipu.; Vishnu (Hindu deity); Poems.; Dialogues.; Commentaries.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts