BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Chemical observations]; [manuscript].
- [Chemical observations] [manuscript].
- Working notebook of alchemical notes, recipes, and processes by Charles Rainsford.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 123 leaves : paper; 159 x 98 mm. bound to 160 x 105 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn919161424; (OCoLC)919161424; (PU)6293590-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 622, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014n (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [England?, between 1750 and 1799]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Notebooks.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1705
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts