BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
A compendium of the book called sepher Raziel; [manuscript].
- A compendium of the book called sepher Raziel [manuscript].
- Partial English translation and incomplete copy of UPenn Ms. Codex 1674, a collection of cabalistic works with an emphasis on angels, in the hand of Charles Rainsford. Contains incomplete copies of the first three sections, ending after p. 66 of UPenn Ms. Codex 1674.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 182 leaves : paper; 372 x 240 mm. bound to 381 x 252 mm. + 2 notes.
- (OCoLC)ocn910726792; (OCoLC)910726792; (PU)6293567-penndb-Voyager
- English and Italian, with occasional Hebrew words.
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 596, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [England?, between 1750 and 1799]
- Angels -- Early works to 1800.; Cabala -- Early works to 1800.; Magic -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Drawings.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Italian; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1685
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts