BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Sefer Raziel HaMalach... etc.]; [manuscript].
- [Sefer Raziel HaMalach... etc.] [manuscript].
- Collection of cabalistic works with an emphasis on angels. The primary text is an Italian and Latin translation of excerpts from the Sefer Raziel HaMalach in which Solomon recounts how the angel Raziel delivered a book of divine secrets to Adam and Eve after their expulsion from the Garden of Eden. Raziel was the angel stationed beside God's throne and thus recorded the secret knowledge that was discussed. The text includes instructions for practical magic such as how to attain one's desires (p. 4), cure illness (p. 10), defeat enemies (p. 33), and gain someone's love (p. 53). Also includes sections on divine names, numerological tables, and invocations.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 61 leaves : paper; 210 x 150 mm. bound to 217 x 154 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn908596981; (OCoLC)908596981; (PU)6293541-penndb-Voyager
- Italian, with some passages in Latin, notes in English, and Hebrew characters.
- Formerly owned by the Jesuit College in Naples (note, p. iii).; Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 585, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [Italy?, 17--]
- Angels -- Early works to 1800.; Cabala -- Early works to 1800.; Magic -- Early works to 1800.; Numerology -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuscripts, Italian; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1674
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts