BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Alchemical compendium]; [manuscript].
- [Alchemical compendium] [manuscript].
- Instructions for alchemical processes such as transmutation, sublimation, and multiplication, with practical applications such as curing diseases (p. 15), embalming bodies (p. 31), and neutralizing viper venom and poisonous black hellebore (p. 34). Includes an alphabetical index (p. 631-642).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 324 leaves : paper; 234 x 176 (208 x 131) mm. bound to 248 x 195 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn913875416; (OCoLC)913875416; (PU)6293575-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 602, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [England], 1797.
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Drawings.; Manuals (instructional materials); Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1690
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts