This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Herbal ... [etc.]; [manuscript].
- Herbal ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- Italian illustrated herbal, with a group of texts in English, Latin, and Spanish about Morocco added less than a century later.
- 102 leaves : paper, col. ill.; 302 x 205 mm. (f. 2-53) and 290 x 205 (265 x 145) mm. (f. 1, 54-104) bound to 307 x 215 mm. + 2 notes.
- (OCoLC)ocn779349249; (OCoLC)779349249; (PU)4849768-penndb-Voyager
- Plant names in Latin, with a few words in Italian (f. 2r-53v); texts about Morocco in English, Spanish, and Latin (54r-97v); glossary of words in Arabic, Spanish, and Latin (f. 98r-101r).
- Formerly owned by the Latham family of Lancashire (crest of eagle and child on covers) and by Thomas and Edward Syddell (16th-century inscription, f. 1r).; Sold at auction at Bonhams, Dec. 1995.; Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, June 1996.; Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle in honor of Lynn Ransom, Project Manager, Schoenberg Database of Manuscripts, 2012.
- [Italy and England, ca. 1520, ca. 1600]
- Materia medica -- Early works to 1800.; Botany, Medical -- Early works to 1800.; Botany -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Herbals.; Pen-and-wash drawings.; Manuscripts, Italian; 16th century.; Manuscripts, English; 17th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Syddell, Thomas,; Syddell, Edward,
- Call Number:
- Oversize LJS 46
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts