BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Maitreyopaniṣad, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Maitreyopaniṣad, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for contemplation, study and recitation, and is a Hindu or post-Vedic philosophical treatise discussing the nature of the deity Śiva and his status in relationship to the Self (ātman) and the ultimate reality (the brahman), and different rites and practices associated with this realization, especially the rudrakṣa, a kind of prayer bead associated with Śiva.
- 1 item (3 leaves) : paper; 10 x 15 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Śaivism.; Siva (Hindu deity); Ātman.; Brahman.; Rites and ceremonies; Self (Philosophy); Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts