BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Bṛhajjātaka.; Adhyāya 1-2,; circa 1700-1850.
- Bṛhajjātaka. Adhyāya 1-2, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is a Hindu astrological manual and treatise for understanding the significance of a person's birth and divining what their future. It contains the first chapter (adhyāya) and part of the second, up to verse 22 of that work. There is a commentary by Bhaṭṭotpala (also known as Utpala), the Bṛhajjātakavṛtti, running parallel, above and below the root text. Contains some tables regarding planetary movements and more near the end of the manuscript (f. 18v-19r); and contains a second astrological work the Cintāpraśna at the end of the manuscript (f. 19v).
- 1 item (19 leaves) : paper; 12 x 26 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn945986131; (OCoLC)945986131; (PU)6913783-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Cintāpraśna.; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/6913783
- Hindu astrology.; Hindu astronomy.; Divination -- India.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Manuals (instructional materials); Tables (documents); Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.