BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Seals of the planets]; [manuscript].
- [Seals of the planets] [manuscript].
- A manual on talismans or seals, thought to help manifest the powers of the planets when created in metal or on parchment. For Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn, as well as the Moon and Sun, there is a brief text accompanied by five seal faces (except in the case of the Moon, which has four). Three faces have esoteric zodiacal and planetary signs and names, some with Hebrew letters; the fourth has a magic square (array of numbers) associated with the planet; and the fifth has a careful ink drawing of the planet represented as a divinity in human form.
- 9 leaves : paper; 200 x 162 mm. bound to 204 x 170 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn261340200; (OCoLC)261340200; (PU)4401393-penndb-Voyager
- German, with Latin and Hebrew.
- Sold by Les Enluminures (Paris and Chicago), 2008.
- [Germany, between 1575 and 1599?]
- Astrology -- Early works to 1800.; Magic -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Magic, mystic, and spagiric -- Early works to 1800.; Talismans -- Early works to 1800.; Magic squares.; Codices.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, German; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1264
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts