BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Aurea Catena Homeri; [manuscript].
- Aurea Catena Homeri [manuscript].
- Copy of an alchemical treatise that discusses the creation and decomposition of matter as well as the transmutation of metals and has practical instructions for conducting experiments with fermentation, distillation, and the generation of animals, vegetables, and minerals. Also includes a table of contents (v. 1, f. 7r-9v) and an alphabetical index (v. 2, f. 184r-197v).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 2 v. (220, 269 leaves) : paper; 193 x 134 (166 x 115) mm. bound to 205 x 145 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn913517035; (OCoLC)913517035; (PU)6293561-penndb-Voyager
- [Germany], 1770.
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/6293561; https://repository.upenn.edu/uniqueatpenn/23/
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Drawings.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, German; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1682