This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Pharmacopeia (Arzneibuch)]; [manuscript].
- [Pharmacopeia (Arzneibuch)] [manuscript].
- Medical miscellany, containing remedies and treatments for various diseases. The first section (f. 1r-92v) is a numbered collection of 300 remedies and treatments of various kinds: numbers 1-221 are arranged by diseases; 220-40 are potable remedies; 241-281 are salves; 282-300 are on miscellaneous matters; a table of contents (Register) in the same hand is at the end. The second section, containing 100 numbered remedies and treatments, is divided into two parts: Bewerte Mitl vor die Frauen (f. 97r-110v) and Unterschiedliche bewerte Mitl vor die Kinder (f. 111r-120v). There is text written on both front and back pastedowns.
- 146 leaves : paper; 200 x 152 (166 x 123) mm. bound to 202 x 170 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155962616; (OCoLC)155962616; (CStRLIN)PAUR94-A257; (PU)1580543-penndb-Voyager
- Purchased, 1964.
- [Germany], 1683.
- Chemistry -- History.; Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Pharmacology -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Prescriptions.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, German; 17th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 127
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts