BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Recipe book]; [manuscript].
- [Recipe book] [manuscript].
- Recipe book containing mostly recipes for wine, cooking, and preserving, plus a few medical and veterinary prescriptions; and a few recipes for cleaning plate, fumigating rooms, etc. In addition to English recipes are some that show continental influence, for example, those for French bread, French fritters, Paris curd, Dutch biscuits, and Portugal cakes. Includes a table of contents for 163 numbered recipes (f. 1r-2v). A leaf laid in the front from A.B. and addressed to Mrs. Edward Browne appears to be dated Feb. 1, [1808?] "To make a sweet jar;" the same recipe is copied in the same hand on f. 4v.
- 74 leaves : paper; 197 x 159 mm. bound to 205 x 165 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155971783; (OCoLC)155971783; (CStRLIN)PAUR97-A1962; (PU)2362772-penndb-Voyager
- Gift of Esther Bradford Aresty, 1994.
- [England], 1777.
- Cooking, English -- Early works to 1800.; Traditional medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Wine and wine making.; Codices.; Cookbooks.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 205
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts