BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Aṣṭasāhasrikā prajñāpāramitā, circa 1200-1399.
- 880-01 Aṣṭasāhasrikā prajñāpāramitā, circa 1200-1399.
- Manuscript is from Nepal. It is a short section taken from a teaching (sūtra) on Mahāyāna Buddhist wisdom. There are three painted images, with a larger, central figure, possibly of the bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara and with two attendants on either side. These images are painted over the original script and so sometime after the original manuscript was created.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : palm leaf; 48 x 5 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Wisdom; Mahayana Buddhism; Bodhisattvas
- Call Number:
- Ms. Indic
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts