BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Ad invictissimum Maximilianum II, el. Rom[anum] Imperatorem Augustum; [manuscript] :; Pro fide catholica, de non concedenda Confessione Augustana.
- Ad invictissimum Maximilianum II, el. Rom[anum] Imperatorem Augustum [manuscript] : Pro fide catholica, de non concedenda Confessione Augustana.
- Begins with a preface addressed to Pope Pius V (f. 1r-2v). The author sends the first of his two orations addressed to Maximilian II to the Pope to inform him of the events of the past year, that the unconquered Emperor Maximilian may be strengthened, lest, oppressed by the counsels of impious men, he succumb to those urging the adoption of the Augsburg Confession.
- Holy Roman Empire
- 53 leaves : paper; 207 x 156 (143 x 117) mm. bound to 214 x 160 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn212079421; (OCoLC)212079421; (CStRLIN)PAUR98-A6607; (PU)2487497-penndb-Voyager
- Former owners include Frederick North (bookplate, inside upper cover) and Sir Thomas Phillipps (Phillipps Ms. 4959, inside upper cover; old no. 1237).; Purchased on the Lessing and Edith Rosenwald Fund, 1972.
- [Prague], 1570.
- Counter-Reformation -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Orations.; Manuscripts, Latin; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Maximilian; Pius; Phillipps, Thomas,; North, Frederick,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 702
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts