BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Commonplace book]; [manuscript].
- [Commonplace book] [manuscript].
- Notes apparently transcribed from one of the abridgments of the Philosophical Transactions, including material by Halley, Boyle, and Hook, illustrated with pen and ink drawings and tables. Volume was apparently later used as an account book and as a scrapbook with newspaper clippings pasted in (most have been removed and leaves with accounts have been cut out). Printed table of weights and measures engraved by W. Chinnery, 1744, pasted in at end (f. 127v-inside lower cover).
- 127 leaves : paper, ill.; 246 x 191 mm. bound to 257 x 195 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn212376117; (OCoLC)212376117; (CStRLIN)PAUR99-A187; (PU)2704977-penndb-Voyager
- Provenance: Audley End House (according to bookseller, no mark in manuscript).; Sold by Roger Gaskell, 1999.
- [England, after 1772]
- Science -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Commonplace books.; Drawings.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Chinnery, William,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 782
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts