BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Permission to Pedro de Anaya to erect a house] [manuscript].
- [Permission to Pedro de Anaya to erect a house] [manuscript].
- Authority given to Pedro de Anaya by Ferdinand and Isabella to build a house in the village of Cabrillas (near Salamanca), provided the major of Ciudad Rodrigo would make certain that the said house was not fortified or capable of being converted into a stronghold for resistance. The Catholic Kings in their efforts to curb the powers of noblemen had prohibited the building of new castles or fortified homes. (This note and the item description taken from an unidentified dealer's or catalog description on file in the Library.)
- Ferdinand and Isabella, 1479-1516.
- 3 leaves : paper; 310 x 220 mm.
- Anaya, Pedro de.; History
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 147
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts