This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Pontifical bifolium,; between 1075 and 1099.
- Pontifical bifolium, between 1075 and 1099.
- Conjugate bifolium from a pontifical, a liturgical book of services performed only by bishops, written on vellum in southern France. 4 consecutive pages written in 12 long lines, in a transitional, Carolingian protogothic script. Decorated with a 3-line initial in blue and red infilled with a bearded human face possibly representing God the Father and 4 2-line capitals in red and blue, 2 with decorative infill. Rubrication in red. Text of prayers from a ordination mass for an abbot or abbots, with superscript letters used to indicate plural suffixes.
- 1 item (1 bifolium) : parchment; 270 x 368 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn806232199; (OCoLC)806232199; (PU)5810154-penndb-Voyager
- In Latin.
- Sold by King Alfred's Notebook (Cayce, S.C.), cat. 10 (2012), no. 5.
- Fragments.; Illuminations.; Pontificals.; Manuscripts, Latin; 11th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Corporate Name:
- Catholic Church.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 36
- Manuscript Fragment Collection.