BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Commentaries on Aristotle and Porphyry]; [manuscript].
- [Commentaries on Aristotle and Porphyry] [manuscript].
- 15th-century copy of anonymous commentaries in Hebrew on talkhīṣāt (middle commentaries) by Averroës on Aristotle and Porphyry, originally written in Arabic in the 12th century. The commentaries on Aristotle's Categoriae and De interpretatione are titled Sefer ha-Maʼamarot and Sefer ha-Melitsah in the manuscript; the two commentaries of Averroës on these works are known as Talkhīṣ kitāb al-maqūlāt and Talkhīs kitāb al-ʻIbārah, respectively. The commentary on Porphyry's Isagoge is titled Sefer ha-Mavo in the manuscript; the commentary by Averroës on this work is known as Talkhīṣ madkhal Furfūriyūs. Occasional marginal notes. Lower half of one leaf following conclusion of text cut out (f. 114). Pen trials and notes in Hebrew, Latin, and French on the 3 detached leaves at the end of the manuscript.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 119 leaves : paper; 205 x 145 (144 x 95) mm. bound to 210 x 145 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn840429117; (OCoLC)840429117; (PU)5941518-penndb-Voyager
- Early Latin ownership inscription: Iste liber est meus mestre Benustruc[?] Avidor (f. 117v).; Purchased in 1974 for the Comites Latentes collection, formed by Sion Segre Amar (ms. 129, label outside lower cover?); placed on deposit at the National Library, Jerusalem.; Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 2 December 1997, lot 88, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.
- [Provence or Spain, between 1450 and 1499]
- Logic -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Commentaries.; Diagrams.; Manuscripts, Hebrew; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Averroës,; Aristotle; Aristotle.; Porphyry,
- Call Number:
- LJS 229
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts