BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Saffin-Ellis miscellany]; [manuscript].
- [Saffin-Ellis miscellany] [manuscript].
- Collection of cooking recipes, preparations for making drinks and preserves, and pharmaceutical prescriptions. First part of the book bears the name "Bettee Saffin" and the date 1716. The second part bears the name "Ann Ellis" and the date 1762, and includes several texts that were laid in or entered, such as an inventory of silver, some accounts of Sir George Rooke's naval engagements, and the charge delivered by Provost William Smith at the commencement of the College and Academy of Philadelphia in 1757. Also includes two alphabetical indices for recipes (f. 1v-5v, versos only).
- 102 leaves : paper; 316 x 202 (283 x 180) mm. bound to 324 x 208 mm. + 10 notes.
- (OCoLC)ocn155962900; (OCoLC)155962900; (CStRLIN)PAUR94-A374; (PU)1580611-penndb-Voyager
- Former owners include: Bettee Saffin, 1716, (signature, f. iii recto) and Ann Ellis, October 21, 1762 (signature, f. iii recto).; Gift of Richard W. Foster.
- [England], 1716-1762.
- Cooking, English -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Cookbooks.; Prescriptions.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rooke, George,; Ellis, Ann,; Saffin, Bettee,; Smith, William,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 230
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts