BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Vaṭasāvitrīvrata, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Vaṭasāvitrīvrata, circa 1700-1850.
- Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) for women to honor their husbands by performing rites and observances (vrata) that involve the wrapping of a banyan or vaṭa tree (Ficus benghalensis) at the end of a larger observance and fast and by honoring the Vedic deity Sāvitrī as a form of the Great Goddess (Devi).
- India. India.
- 1 item (3 leaves) : paper; 11 x 22 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Sāvitrī (Hindu deity); Vratas.; Hindu women.; Banyan tree; Tree worship; Hinduism; Rites and ceremonies; Hindu law.; Dharma.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts