BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Documents of Alençon]; Volume 4; [manuscript].; UPenn Ms. Codex 1000
- [Documents of Alençon] Volume 4 [manuscript]. UPenn Ms. Codex 1000
- 37 private legal documents mostly relating to sales of land and other property, assignments of income, and issues of guardianship. Categories of documents include papers of the Basire family (1657-1720); legal papers on subjects such a case against Charles Verrier, biens des religionnaires fugitifs, wills, rents, guardianships, and trial records (1685-1776); commercial papers concerning sales of property, including a printer's shop (1694-1789); marriage contracts (1695-1726); and a contract "relatif à la guérison d'un cancer" (1694). Many of the documents are written on parchment. A 19th-century cover page is bound in before each document or group of documents.
- Alençon (France); France
- 17th century.; 18th century.
- 211 leaves : parchment and paper; bound to 270 x 200 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155927480; (OCoLC)155927480; (CStRLIN)PAUR05-B10023; (PU)3767038-penndb-Voyager
- [Alençon, 1657-1789]
- Manuscripts, French; 17th century.; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.; Codices.; Contracts.; Legal documents.; Marriage records.
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1000 v.4
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts