BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- A geometricall extraction for all affected to the mathematickes [manuscript] : with sundry strange conclusions both by instrument and without, and also by perspective glasses, to set forth the true disscription or exact plat of a whole region, very plesant and full of delight in practis, also, most profitable to all surveighers, or others that are desirous to make any inclosure, with a treaty of fortifications as well regularly as irregularly / by John Darker.
- Bristol, John Digby,; Earl of,; 1580-1654.; Geometry; Mathematics; Astronomical instruments; Real property
- 70 leaves : paper, colored illustrations; 430 x 312 mm bound to 440 x 320 mm + 4 documents (8 leaves, 340-405 x 280-305 mm)
- English, with a fragment from a document in Latin (f. 76-78).
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts
- Call Number:
- LJS 321
- Interview of Marian Anderson conducted by Robert Dawn, Oct. 14, 1974 : for WMUK at Western Michigan University, Kalamzaoo, Michigan
- Marian Anderson discusses her narration of Aaron Copland's A Lincoln Portrait: when she began performing it and the meaning of the text for her, her meetings with presidents of the United States, her association with Eleanor Roosevelt, her experiences as delegate to the Human Rights Commission to the United Nations, her recollections of the 1939 Lincoln Memorial concert which came about from the refusal of the D.A.R. to allow her to perform in Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C., her views on Abraham Lincoln, the perspective on her life that her own recordings provide, the reactions of audiences to her performances of spirituals, her interpretation of the spiritual He's got the whole world in His hands, the modern harmonization of spirituals, her recollections of Roland Hayes and his influences on her, her performance at the Metropolitan Opera, the role of her mother in her life, the importance of staying in touch with family and friends, her impressions of President John Kennedy, and some of her beliefs concerning human values.; Duration: 0:33:31
- Personal Name:
- Anderson, Marian; Dawn, Robert
- Marian Anderson Papers (University of Pennsylvania)
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll 208 box 5 item 264 side a