BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Scientific miscellany]; [manuscript].
- [Scientific miscellany] [manuscript].
- Compendium of astrological charts; astronomical and astrological tables; treatises on astronomy (calculating equinoxes and solstices, f. 51v; using an astrolabe, f. 68r) and geometry (f. 133r-180v, perhaps lacking ending, with numerous small diagrams and a few small illustrations); and instructions for making dyes and pigments (f. 182r-208r) and medical preparations (f. 224r, 226v). The first three gatherings of the manuscript are lacking, based on the signature of the first extant gathering, and the upper margin has been trimmed. 17th-century table of contents on lower flyleaf.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 283 leaves : paper; 101 x 70 (80 x 53) mm. bound to 105 x 76 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn747949150; (OCoLC)747949150; (PU)5034562-penndb-Voyager
- Middle French and Latin.
- Formerly owned by Christian Friderich (signatures dated 1633, f. 251v, and 1635, f. 283v and lower endpaper).; Formerly owned by Anthelme-Michel-Laurent de Migieu, marquis de Savigny (signature dated 1760 on lower endpaper).; Offered for sale by Rodolphe Chamonal, Biennale des Antiquaires (1988), no. 19.; Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 46.; Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- [France], 1511.
- Astrolabes -- Early works to 1800.; Astrology -- Early works to 1800.; Astronomy -- Early works to 1800.; Dyes and dyeing -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Anthologies.; Diagrams.; Tables (documents); Manuscripts, French; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Latin; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Migieu, Anthelme-Michel-Laurent de,; Stanitz, John D.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 215
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts