BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Brevis tractatus de meteoris; [manuscript] /; Stephanus Guevetanus. Quaestiones in tres libros De anima Aristotelis Stagiritae / Jacobus Labus.; De meteor ac De anima
- Brevis tractatus de meteoris [manuscript] / Stephanus Guevetanus. Quaestiones in tres libros De anima Aristotelis Stagiritae / Jacobus Labus. De meteor ac De anima
- Two philosophical works by different authors, recorded by the same scribe. The first is a treatise on meteors; the second is a commentary on Aristotle's De anima. The opening of the first work suggests it was a supplement to other lectures on Aristotle's De generatione et corruptione. In this three-chapter work, the second and third chapters, although titled "Meteors which occur in water" and "Meteors which occur on earth," do not mention meteors. The water chapter covers the names of different-sized bodies of water, tides, and salinity. The earth chapter covers subterranean fires, earthquakes, metals, and fossils. The second work, on the soul, discusses the nature of the soul according to Aristotle's divisions into vegetative, sensitive, and intellective. Stain from a finding tab remains on f. 44.
- 128 leaves : paper; 189 x 133 (152 x 105) mm. bound to 192 x 144 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn228000806; (OCoLC)228000806; (PU)4307036-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Francisco Venuti Corbonensi (ex libris note, inside upper cover).
- Pisa, 1670-1671.
- Soul -- Early works to 1800.; Astronomy -- Early works to 1800.; Physical sciences -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Treatises.; Commentaries.; Lecture notes.; Manuscripts, Latin; 17th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Aristotle; Aristotle.; Labus, Jacobus.; Venuti, Francisco,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1174
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts